Christ Church Outreach
To help those in need in Pensacola by following Christ’s mandate in Matthew 25, “…for I was hungry, and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me…”
What does CCO do?
We support four signature ministries with your pledge dollars and your volunteer time.
- Loaves and Fishes (Supporting a Transitional Family)
- Pathways for Change Men’s Residential Treatment Program
- United Ministries
- Waterfront Rescue Mission 2nd Saturday (Waterfront Rescue, 5:30 am.)
Hands-On Outreach Projects:
- “Bag it For Manna” Food Drive in the Fall and Spring
- “Angel Tree” Salvation Army project – Christmas gifts for over 100 children
- School supplies drive for Emmaus Road children’s ministry in late summer
- Hosting a Thanksgiving meal for the homeless every November
- Coat and Warm Clothing drive
- Manna Warehouse work days
- Waterfront Rescue toiletry bags for new residents plus toiletry item collection for various agencies
Children in Crisis (CIC)
Children in Crisis is one of the Women in Mission signature ministries. Since 2008, The CIC Neighborhood, located in Fort Walton Beach, has provided a nurturing, family-style home to more than 675 abused, neglected and abandoned children from Northwest Florida.
All of the children served by CIC are from communities located within the Episcopal Diocese of the Central Gulf Coast. Interacting with these children (age 6 to 14) in a joyful, family-style atmosphere is a wonderful opportunity to practice our mission of loving God by loving others.
Ladies, if you would like to help with Children in Crisis, please contact June Linke by email or at 324-5702 (call or text).
For more information on Children in Crisis, visit childrenincrisisfl.org.
Woman to Woman Mentoring
The Woman to Woman Mentoring ministry is conducted in partnership with Pathways for Change. With ongoing training from Stepping Stones staff, mentors work with women who are striving to develop stable and productive lives.
To sign up for a training session, contact Jackie Bell with the Stepping Stones Program at 850-206-2351, or June Linke, 850-324-5702 (call or text).
Bridging the Gap
The Women Bridging the Gap ministry’s motto is, “Serving People in Need — Rain or Shine, All Year Round.”
People in dire need of a meal continue to join the line that forms every Thursday at the Lee Street bridge. They appear all year round no matter the weather conditions — heavy rain, cold and windy, or sweltering heat. Each week there are new faces and “regulars,” women, children, teens, and men.
Ways in which you can help with this ministry include:
- assist at Lee Street Bridge with serving food on Thursdays, 5:00 pm
- assist with food preparation
- donate food items
- donate funds to Christ Church designating your donation for food at Lee Street Bridge
For more information contact Dawn or Carol Cooper at (571) 274-1201.