Children & Family Ministries
Christ Church Pensacola is seeking a dynamic part-time Director of Children and Family Ministries.
The position entails leading the church’s programming for children from infancy to fifth grade and engaging families in their walk with Christ. In addition to Sunday morning responsibilities, the director of Children and Family Ministries has additional special events to coordinate such as Vacation Bible School and programs during Advent, Christmas and Lent.
The part-time position (20 hours) is salaried and includes retirement and other benefits.
- Coordinate Children’s Christian Formation programs for Sunday mornings and other special events
- Provide an environment where children feel welcomed and loved as they learn about God
- Oversee the church nursery and supervise the nursery employees
- Develop programs and activities to incorporate new and current families into the life of the church
- Plan and execute special events throughout the year, including Vacation Bible Sunday, Christmas Pageant, Easter programming, etc.
- Recruit and help train volunteers and lay ministers
- Communicate regularly with volunteers, children and families
- Attend weekly staff meetings and work with other members in other ministry areas
- Be a baptized Christian with the ability to communicate the faith that we share
- Experience working with children, preferably in a church environment
- Excellent communication skills, leadership skills, and ability to work as part of a team
- Pass a background check
Resumes and cover letters should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 1.
Questions can be directed to Father Michael at email@example.com.